Nine Realms Midgard Village Tileset
A downloadable asset pack
Nine Realms Midgard Village Tileset
Welcome to Midgard, the Middle World.
This is the land of humans, mortals of incredible variety and passion whose short lives are defined by hardship, struggle, and toil. But they are also defined by courage, honor, and resilience. These traits give humans an edge in their own world and their villages will soon spread from horizon to horizon... what might we find there?
This asset pack is for creators looking to work in the fantasy genre but with the aesthetic of Norse mythology (vikings!) as a primary influence.
The pack includes both upscaled RPGmaker compatible sheets with autotiling functionality as well as an alternate version at native size. The pack is top-down perspective and scaled at 16x16 by default. This pack can be used in just about any game engine, though creators may need to make modifications to the size and orientation of sheets. It also includes fully RPGmaker (MV/MZ) compatible sheets that plugnplay with RPGmaker's native resource importer.
Inside, you'll find everything you need to make village and outdoor scenes with a spring/summer seasonal theme. The pack mixes together the warm colors and slightly bleak vibes of the comfy52 palette by bess.
NOTE: Be sure to have a look at both sets of files, as there may be useful alternates that you can modify yourself as needed!
What Does It Include?
This pack includes:
- Variety of ground, building, roof, and wall tiles for exterior scenes.
- Variety of props for both outdoors (rocks, trees, etc) and village scenes (building decor, tools, light source, etc).
- RPGmaker Compatible versions incl. autotiling
- Prefab Large building to act as barns, longhouses, etc
- A PNG showing an improvised alphabetical version of Futhark runes, so you can make your own signs and runic props!
The pack is set up as follows:
A2 - Ground Autotiles (water, grass, dirt, stone)
A3 - Building Wall Autotiles (8 styles, 2 variants for each)
A4 - Natural Wall Autotiles (rock and dirt)
B - Terrain Decor (trees, rocks, etc)
C - Roof Tiles (all roofs are angled but can be extended into any size you want)
D - Large Prefabs
E - Village Decor (objects, furniture, tools, etc)
For RPGmaker MZ, the additional layers make this easy to use but you may need to mix and match elements for earlier RPGmakers to fit what you need onto one tilesheet. I have also left a lot of room on these for additions and variants.
Will There be Updates?
Yes! In the weeks to come, I'll be updating this pack to include seasonal versions of all relevant tiles/objects. Buying this at any point will guarantee you access to, technically, at least 2 additional versions of most assets included here.
Please note, by purchasing and downloading this product, you are agreeing to the following licensing terms:
What You Can Do:
- Use in commercial and non-commercial games, personal projects, or public domain projects.
- Sell works created using this asset, eg: a video game.
- Modify assets for your own use in personal or commercial projects. For example, reorganizing tile sheets, adjusting size, or mixing and matching assets.
- Publish work using this asset on websites relating to art, games, and similar.
What You Cannot Do:
- Resell the original or any modified version.
- Use the assets or derivatives in logo, trademark, or service mark.
- Use these assets for generators, code-based art tools, or NFTs.
Contact & Support You can find me on twitter as @hedgewizardgame where I post art almost daily, focused mostly on my indie game The Hedge Wizard. I make other art as side projects or for fun. Any time I really get a bug to make game assets outside of my own projects and commissions, I'll probably put them on itch! If you'd like to commission my work or are simply curious to see more of it, please check out my twitter or my Artstation page. DM me on Twitter with any questions or simply comment below.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.